A Text Code is a Static Code that allows you to enter text that you want people to see when they scan the code.
Some disadvantages of the Text Code are that the codes cannot be changed or reused and if you have any problems with the text code we unfortunately cannot help you with them. Another disadvantage is that you cannot get additional features out of the QR Code such as tracking information or Design Codes. One way to have the same effect as a Text Code while still getting those features is to host a PDF or Document online.
How do you host a PDF or Document?
There are 2 different options:
1) Create a page using your website where the pdf can be accessed. This does not require you to do anything new but is much more tech savvy. You would probably want the assistance of either the webmaster or the person that is helping you build the website and I would not suggest doing this yourself as it is more complicated than the second option.
2) Use a Cloud Service.
I would suggest signing up for Google Drive. It’s free and does not take up space on your computer. You would sign up here: https://drive.google.com/ then to create the URL you need to follow these directions:
1) Upload your PDF by clicking on the Up Button next to Create on the left hand side
2) Once your PDF is uploaded double click on it opening up the PDF on Google Drive
3) Click on the Share symbol at the top right.
4) Click Change next to where it says “Private – Only the people listed below can access”.
Change the privacy settings to “Anyone With The Link” or “Public on the Web” depending on your preference and click Save. With the “Anyone With The Link” setting, anyone who scans your QR Code will be able to go to the PDF.
5) You will then use the URL where it says “Link to Share” and use that link to create your QR Code.
That’s all you need to do and you’ll be able to host it online and also host future PDFs the same way.